Paris is already a magical city, with fantastic surprises lurking around every corner, but a new attraction at La Villette promises to make a visit to the City of Lights more magical than ever.
The Villette in Paris invites you to discover The Magic WIP, a brand new space dedicated to an immersive exploration of the wonders of magic. It is directed by the awe-inspiring artist and magician, Thierry Collet, in association with the company La Phalene, who are well known in France for their captivating projects.
As part of The Magic WIP’s events, you can expect a whirlwind of fascinating conferences, hands-on workshops and even a study session for budding young apprentice sorcerers aged between eight and 12 – it’s a must-visit for any Harry Potter fans out there.
Forget Derren Brown; there’s a whole new list of talented tricksters you need to discover. You’ll have the chance to be duped by the biggest names in contemporary magic, reflecting on the transition to new techniques, as magic reinvents itself all over the world.
It’s a friendly space that is open to everyone who is interested, allowing you to discover new experiences, learn why magic is so fascinating and share the fun with friends or family in a relaxed environment.
The fun will be open at Paris’ La Villette until 2nd of March 2, 2018 and you can book your tickets here.
Parc de la Villette
211 Avenue Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris
How to get there
By public transport
- Metro: line 5 – Porte de Pantin, or line 7 – Porte de la Villette
- Bus: lines 75, 151, PC2 and PC3 – Porte de Pantin, or lines 139, 150, 152 – Porte de la Villette
- Tram: line 3b – Porte de Pantin, Ella Fitzgerald or Porte de la Villette
- Cycle path: Along the Canal de l’Ourcq
- Vélib stations: Porte de la Villette, Porte de Pantin, Quai de Metz, rue Rouvet – to check availability, click here
- Bike park: In front of the Cité des Sciences, near Porte de la Villette