Culture Trip is one the Internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. With writers all around the world, and major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv, we plan to expand even further in 2017. We are passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global network of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). Having recently secured major funding, the company is set for explosive growth and is continuing a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial and social media teams in London and NYC. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We’re looking for an extremely sharp-eyed, diligent and dynamic individual to ensure our stories are perfect from an editorial standpoint. You will be in charge of editing articles to free them on typos, grammatical mistakes, factual errors and formatting issues, following Culture Trip’s standards and guaranteeing impeccable editorial quality across the board.
Location: Central London
– Proofread and edit all articles published on culturetrip.com as part of a team of in-house copy editors
– Transform written content into scintillating, engaging and attention-grabbing stories
– Work and liaise with writers around the world in the pre-publication stage to ensure articles adhere to Culture Trip’s in-house style and image guides
– Work with content from across the following verticals: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, books, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship and health & wellness
– Work under the supervision of the Senior Copy Editor, and with Editors and Hub Managers to ensure suitable and nuanced editing styles are followed for each vertical
Required Skills & Experience:
– 2+ years of experience as a copy editor/sub-editor or editorial assistant at an online publication, newspaper or magazine
– Exceptionally strong copy editing skills with a knack for headline-writing and an allergy to typos, grammatical mistakes and stylistic inconsistencies
– Native-level English is a crucial prerequisite
– Comprehensive knowledge of WordPress is essential
– A degree or equivalent (ideally in the humanities or English) is essential
– Strong understanding of what makes a great piece of content and how to engage readers with excellent copy
– Excellent self-management, organizational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential
– Excellent at working independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibillity
– Strong understanding of the nuances of social media and search engine optimized content
– You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising with writers across different time zones
How to Apply:
Email your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com with ‘In-house Copy Editor’ in the subject line. Please also identify the two mistakes in this job description.
We’re accepting applications until 31 October 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.