This means that the number of views for this video is equivalent to over half of the world’s population.
We’ll give you some time for that to sink in.
The Latin American pop song was released back in January and has since been remixed with Justin Bieber adding in his vocals.
The love for ‘Despacito’ shows no sign of slowing down.
Wiz Khalifa’s ‘See You Again’ featuring Charlie Puth is the second most-watched video on YouTube with 3.15bn views. Psy’s ‘Gangnam Style’ is in third place with Justin Bieber’s ‘Sorry’ coming fourth and Mark Ronson’s ‘Uptown Funk’ featuring Bruno Mars rounding out the top five.
‘Despacito’ may have been a huge hit around the world but its raunchy lyrics mean it was banned in Malaysia for being ‘inappropriate’.
YouTube’s top five:
1. Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee: ‘Despacito’ – 4bn
2. Wiz Khalifa: ‘See You Again’ – 3.15bn
3. Psy: ‘Gangnam Style’ – 2.97bn
4. Justin Bieber: ‘Sorry’ – 2.79bn
5. Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars: ‘Uptown Funk’ – 2.70bn