The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Operating in 40 countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). The Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe and set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an experienced web developer to join our great team which develops our website while integrating our back-end systems, knowledge graph and CMS system.
You will work with multidisciplinary teams in our company creating a unique product serving unique content.
Location: Tel Aviv
Start Date: ASAP
- Being part of our great web team, while taking part in researching, designing, building, testing and deploying our website.
- Integrate with the back-end systems and dbs.
- Implement, customize and develop required plugins to enhance the functionality of the product / site.
- Monitor our web products and react to security and load incidents.
- Work along with our product managers and graphic designers.
- Work along with the native mobile engineers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience developing web products.
- Great interpersonal skills
- High ability to communicate in English (written and verbal)
- Great team player
- PHP and WordPress experience – an advantage
- jQuery and AngularJS experience – an advantage
- Unit and end-to-end testing experience – an advantage
- Experience in working with unix systems – an advantage
- Academic degree from a known institution
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, current salary, and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications and you must currently hold eligibility to work in Israel.
Make sure you include ‘Web Developer’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.