The Culture Trip is one the Internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Operating in 15 countries around the world, and with major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv, we plan to expand to 30 countries in 2016 and 100 in 2017. We are passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). Having just secured major funding, the company is set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial and social teams in London and NYC. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
As a media startup, video, social media and mobile are at the heart of our commercial and organic content strategy. We are looking to recruit a seasoned video producer with a passion for creating engaging video content to drive our video operations.
You will manage all aspects of video production from concept through final delivery in our brand-new NYC office. This is a hands-on position that includes executing creative direction, establishing procedures, building production workflows, and ensuring visual consistency across multiple projects. You will use your video production experience to help craft engaging videos across a variety of formats. You will be skilled in developing new resources for video projects, directing outside agencies/production companies, and managing a budget.
Starting date: ASAP
– Manage and drive the creation of video content for The Culture Trip:
–> Harness video production within our global community of contributors and hubs
–> Drive native video content across our platforms (site, social media and app)
–> Build up the company’s internal creative agency capacity
– Collaborate with:
–> the editorial and social media teams on conception and post-production distribution
–> the commercial team on branded video content
– Work with content across the following verticals: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, books, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship, health & wellness
– Manage budgets and schedules in order to reach deliverables as planned
– Develop new resources for video creation, production and distribution on a local and global level, in order to maximize output
– Extensive experience as a video producer, preferably in a large creative agency, digital publisher, or tech company (5+ years).
– Degree in a Broadcast, Media, or Production-related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
– Portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn raw ideas into beautiful and compelling video content in a variety of formats, and that includes branded content. You need to have experience in integrating video into marketing or advertising campaigns.
– Profound understanding of the video production process, equipment, technology and roles. Experience of shooting and editing is a plus.
– Knowledge of video industry standard formats, and media asset management practices on Mac/Windows platforms and networked environments.
– You will need to be able to work closely and collaboratively with a variety of departments that will include editors, social media, engineers and sales executives.
– Experience in creating short video content, optimized for mobile and in-app use.
– Experience in creating video content for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other video sharing platforms.
– Demonstrated experience in working with live streaming on social media (Facebook Live, Periscope).
– You need a self-starting attitude and be confident to interact with team members and potential partners, both in person and over the phone or Skype.
– You need to be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Make sure you include ‘NYC Video Producer Application’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications on a rolling basis, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.