Video Content Creator (Freelance)
Culture Trip is one of the Internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Currently operating in 40 countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013).
Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. With heavy weight backers in the US and Europe, we are set for explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology. The company adopts a mobile-first UX strategy.
We are looking for a freelance video content creator to film local,
- Canon, Nikon, Panasonic or Sony DSLR.
- Approved smartphone devices: iPhone 6 onwards, HTC One (M9) onwards, Sony Xperia Z3 onwards, Huawei G8 & P9, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & S5 onwards, LG G4 & G5, Nexus 5X & 6P, Google Pixel.
- Other devices: GoPro HERO4 onwards, DJI Osmo.
*If your camera or smartphone device is not listed above, please state the make and model in your cover letter along with an example of previous work.
We are looking for video content creators based in the following locations:-
London – Paris – Berlin – New York – Tokyo – Cape Town/Johannesburg – Sydney/Melbourne – Mexico City – Rio de Janeiro/Sao Paulo – Tel Aviv/Jerusalem – Dubai/UAE – Hong Kong – Mumbai/New Delhi.
Contract: Freelance contract
Start Date: January 2017
- Film across various locations in your city on either a DSLR or approved smartphone device.
- Respond to video briefs on a regular basis.
- Upload video files to our cloud server once filming is complete.
- Follow Culture Trip’s style guide in the production of all content.
- Ensure the regular, consistent submission of all content on a schedule agreed upon with your assigned Commissioning Editor.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with filming video content, either as a videographer or content creator.
- A showreel or links to previous video work.
- Previous experience conducting on-camera interviews is a plus.
- Specialist knowledge of specific locations or areas within your city, state, or country.
- Ability to work quickly yet effectively, filming a large amount of quality content to tight deadlines.
- A creative eye with attention to detail.
- Ability to work diligently and independently.
- Receptive to guidance and feedback, delivered by your assigned Commissioning Editor.
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones.
How to Apply:
Email us on freelance [at] theculturetrip [dot] com, attaching your CV, a short cover letter and providing a showreel or links to your portfolio.
In your cover letter, make sure to indicate which city you are based in and what filming device(s) you use.
Please also state your current freelance rate. Make sure you include ‘Video Content Creator’ and the region you are based in the subject line. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start in January 2017.