Social Video Producer
Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. With offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv and a global hub of editorial contributors hailing from all over the world, we are passionate about producing inspiring, local content and recommendations that enhance people’s lives.
To date, we have published nearly 30,000 articles across multiple genres, from travel to art, and for all countries in the world. We aim to tell the story of everywhere, with thousands of articles and videos published every month across our site, social media and apps.
The company is now backed by heavyweights in the US and Europe and set for explosive growth. We are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative video producer/editor to help us create unforgettable, impactful videos for our social media. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should have a desire to build something from scratch and be driven by rising viewership figures. You will also need to autonomously find new, better approaches to expanding our social video thinking and offering.
We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of potential to leave a mark, and the opportunity to work on exciting content across our four departments – social, editorial, commercial and tech. We’re data- and social-driven (think Buzzfeed, but more substantial), with a solid intellectual backbone (think FT Weekend, but more accessible). You will be part of the social media team, and will also get a chance to work with the editorial, video and commercial teams in London and NYC.
Location: Clerkenwell, London
Starting date: ASAP
- Conceptualise and create social-first video, including UGC and Live video formats and franchises, as well as original content.
- Work with the rest of the social team on optimum formats and distribution for social video.
- Set up a system to find and source UGC across our locations (the whole world) and genres (from travel to food to wellness to art).
- Search the internet for the most interesting trending content, quirky events, amazing food and unusual happenings.
- In some cases, shoot video in London or work with the video team at large on shooting original footage.
- Produce and publish several videos per day across our socialmedia channels.
- Actively build the strategy and video content for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, as well as Snapchat, etc.
- Track social video performance and optimise, making every single one better than the last.
- 2-5 years of experience editing video content and shooting video.
- Solid experience working with camera equipment.
- Solid experience working with Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Good organisational skills, enabling you to coordinate your time independently and work to deadlines.
- Solid familiarity with how social video is being used and distributed on the internet
- Excited to find new trending topics, ideas and inspiration for video.
- Passion for culture, travel, art, lifestyle will come in handy.
- You will need to evaluate and revise systems under pressure, and in short, dynamic, test-driven runs.
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- You should be keen to give and receive feedback and constantly develop your skills.
- You should be comfortable working within a global company with people from different cultural backgrounds, and liaising across different time zones.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications.
We’re accepting applications until the end of December 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP. The earlier you apply, the higher your chance of being seen!