Senior Social Video Producer
The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. With major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv, we’ve expanded our network to 40 cities in 2016. We are passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). Having just secured major funding, the company is set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial and social teams in London and NYC. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative social video producer to build and lead a social video team within Culture Trip. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should have a desire to build something from scratch and be driven by viewership figures, data, and innovation. You will also need to lead your team in finding new, better approaches to expanding our social video thinking and offering.
We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of potential to leave a mark, and the opportunity to work on exciting content across our social platforms.
Location: Clerkenwell, London
Hours: 9am – 6.30pm
Starting date: ASAP
- Build and lead a team of social video producers.
- Coordinate an intense schedule of social video production in a small, agile team
- Conceptualize and create social video starring people, as well as UGV and Live video formats and franchises
- Work with the social team on optimum formats and distribution for social-first video
- Set up systems enabling the producers to find the most interesting trending content, quirky events, amazing food and unusual happenings.
- Actively build the strategy and video content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, as well as Snapchat, etc.
- Implement a test-and-improve strategy in the social video team, trying out different formats and optimizing/scaling the ones that work well
- Min. 5 years of experience working with video content, including min. 2 years in a managerial position
- Experience of working with UGC as well as editorial video content
- In Depth knowledge and understanding of the Adobe system workflow (Premiere Pro and After Effects, Illustrator)
- Solid experience working with camera equipment and shooting original footage.
- Excellent organizational skills, enabling you to coordinate a team and work to deadlines
- Great managerial skills: you will need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- Hands-on attitude: in a start-up, you can’t always delegate tasks
- Extremely data-driven: you look at numbers with the ambition to improve on them, and you can draw accurate conclusions from data
- Ability to make something out of nothing: work with a low level of resource, think out of the box and create stunning video content
- Passion for social-first video, including experience in creating Facebook-optimized videos, plus Pinterest, and Twitter videos
- You should be obsessed with why and how social video is shared and distributed across networks
- You should also be excited by finding new trending topics, as well as inspiring content for an ever-evolving collection of exciting, on-point, irresistible social video
- You will need to test and revise your videos and systems under pressure and in short, dynamic, test-driven runs
- You should be keen to receive feedback, as well as give it (to your team), and constantly develop your skills
- You should be comfortable working within a global company with people from different cultural backgrounds, and liaising across different time zones
How to Apply:
Send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line. Please note you must have the right to work in the UK and we will not be considering incomplete applications.
We’re accepting applications until the end of December 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.