Senior Digital Asset Library Manager
The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Operating in 40 countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). The Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe and set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced professional based in our London office to manage and oversee the establishment and development of our Digital Asset Management (DAM) library and the wider visual assets team.
You will be responsible for building a small team, focused on sourcing, archiving, and managing digital assets, with the main goals of driving their effective use across the company and generating income from their licensing.
Your team will build a large collection of digital assets from a number of sources. They will assemble a network of paid freelancers commissioned to collect imagery from multiple cities and countries across the world. They will work with our social media team to leverage our engaged community of photographers on our social media channels (in particular Instagram) to contribute content. And they will also collect assets created by our in-house teams including images, infographics, videos, GIFs etc.
You will oversee the development of a digital asset management tool (DAM), to store, archive and maintain these assets. You will drive the effective use of these assets by departments throughout the company, including Editorial, Visual, Social etc.
Your team will also contain an image licensing expert to commercialise this content, licensing these assets to 3rd parties for external use in return for a fee. You will form part of the Hub Management Team, reporting directly to the Director of Hub Operations.
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
- You will be responsible for the overall creation, implementation, and development of our Digital Asset Management (DAM) system, and the processes for sourcing and utilising visual assets across the company.
- You will manage a small team to deliver a smooth, successful Digital Asset Management operation.
- You will oversee the recruitment and building of a community of amateur and professional photographers to contribute to our Digital Asset Management (DAM) library.
- You will need to evaluate and revise systems under pressing deadlines and in short, dynamic, test-driven run to ensure the quality and quantity of input into the system.
- Lead your team in their efforts to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual targets (editorial, social media, commercial and otherwise) in line with the company’s growth expectations.
- Work closely with the Social and Editorial teams to ensure we maximise the use of quality imagery across the Company
- You will be responsible for promoting the library to potential media clients, corporations and the public, overseeing the licensing of the content from within your team.
As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should be excited by the prospect of launching and managing an entirely new system. You will have a native understanding of imagery and wider visual assets and a strong working knowledge of Digital Asset Management solutions and commercial licensing models.
You should be a good manager who is capable of leading a small team. You should be methodical, organised, and detailed in your approach to work. You will be capable of applying yourself to new problems, thinking independently and coming up with smart solutions. You will be a superb communicator both to your team and your line manager. You will be able to manage budgets and set / keep to timetables.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience in media and/or publishing is essential.
- A natural leader with superb management, organizational and people skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with visual formats.
- Outstanding knowledge of DAM systems and running and operating a library of digital assets.
- Knowledge of other picture agencies/libraries and how best to utilise their services for additional third-party revenue and partnership and cross-promotion.
- Strong understanding of copyright and content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets.
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise across multiple departments to enable efficient collaboration between teams, maintaining and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Previous experience developing and managing client relationships and building new business opportunities.
- Passion for culture, travel, food, art, lifestyle.
- You need a self-starting attitude and to be confident managing a team and interacting with potential partners, both in person and over the phone or Skype.
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please also state your current salary and notice period. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications. Make sure you include ‘Senior Digital Asset Library Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.