Commercial & Editorial Video Producer
The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media/tech start-ups, attracting 4 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. We will soon be operating in over 100 countries around the world and we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing British businesses to watch in 2017. The Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe, is set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology. Expanding into the Chinese market forms part of our plans for 2017.
We are looking for an experienced Video Producer that can see through video production from idea to export. The video producer will work with both edit and commercial to pitch develop and create interesting and engaging content that ranges from short snackable to longform episodic video. You will create many different pieces of content across 12 editorial verticals, most times simultaneously. You thoroughly understand the production process and will do what it takes to make great video. You can be a one-person operation (produce, write, shoot, edit) and scale-up to a full crew when necessary. Most importantly you’re a self-starter, organized, and efficient.
Location: New York City
Start Date: ASAP
- Be able to ideate editorial video concepts independently or with editorial staff.
- Serve as Point of Contact for Genre editors and commercial team.
- Create storyboards/scripts, book locations, manage talent and crew.
- Produce, shoot, and edit video content for the multiple digital platforms.
- Creative problem solver with ability to pivot on set and find solutions on the fly.
- Must be familiar with working knowledge of codecs, deliverables, bitrates, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-5 years in video production.
- Commercial video experience a plus.
- Extensive experience in Non-linear editing suites (Final Cut Pro 7, Premiere Pro).
- Deep understanding of Adobe workflow (Specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Must have proven proficiency with professional production equipment, including cameras, audio equipment, and lighting (Canon and Sony cameras preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to shoot, direct, and edit with minimal supervision.
- Must have working knowledge of common deliverable formats and codecs.
- Ideate and Develop concepts, create storyboards/scripts, procure talent and crew, scouting, content capture and overall program execution.
- Motiongraphics experience is a plus.
- Audio experience is a plus.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, salary requirements, and a link to your reel or website. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications and you must currently hold eligibility to work in the United States. Make sure you include ‘Commercial & Editorial Video Producer (New York)’ in the subject line of your email.