Lead UX/UI Designer
The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Operating in 40 countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). The Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe and set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
We are looking for a hands-on, forward-thinking and problem-solving graphic design professional. You should have a proven record in working with product and engineering teams, and designing and launching products, preferably using advanced web technologies and Agile development methodologies. You will also need a genuine passion for online media and be an expert in User Centred Design (UCD) best practice.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and successful early stage start-up in a new space. You will be responsible for setting the visual, UI and UX direction and building an exciting product that involves semantic content creation at scale, associative browsing, social and knowledge graphs, mobile and video. You need to be passionate about building the visual voice for a truly global platform for local culture and bringing quality content into the social age.
Location: Tel Aviv
Start Date: ASAP
- Help to take the lead on creating a smooth, consistent and compelling UI and UX across our mobile-first product portfolio, including the desktop web, mobile web, social, email and the native apps.
- UI & UX design across Culture Trip’s properties.
- Convert editorial, product and business needs into beautiful, functional interfaces.
- Take new features from start to finish, beginning with the concept stage to wire-framing, user journeys, flows, prototypes and the final interface.
- Devise strong design propositions to accompany our content offering and dynamically evolving technology.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams on planning, execution and implementation.
- Envision and establish a sense of visual branding for Culture Trip.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in UX and UI design, ideally for a travel, e-commerce and/or media website/mobile app
- At least 2 years experience with B2C website\app
- Proven track record of designing mobile-first websites.
- Knowledge of technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions and any limitations and opportunities, e.g. Ajax, HTML 5, CSS3/SASS, responsive and adaptive design approaches.
- Conceptual understanding of modular and elegant web UI code that works across desktop, tablet and phone
- Passion for graphic design, including a good knowledge of the history of web design, as well as a good instinctive grasp on up-and- coming trends
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite /Adobe Creative Cloud and other software of your choice.
- Entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of UX, business and commercial issues.
- Profound understanding of the online media and consumer products, ideally travel & leisure sector knowledge and deep knowledge of social network UIs and best practices.
- Experience creating assets for social network activities (e.g Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) is an advantage
- Experience working in startups and within performance-driven work cultures.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams across content, social media, commercial, design and R&D.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be working across skills with different types of skills and across different locations.
- Ability to work independently while developing an idea, paired with a genuine enthusiasm for feedback and discussion in a team setting.
- High knowledge in User Centred Design (UCD) best practices, persuasive design and usability.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, current salary, and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications. Make sure you include ‘Senior Designer’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.