Culture Trip is one of the Internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Currently operating in 40 countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013).
Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. With heavy weight backers in the US and Europe, we are set for explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology. The company adopts a mobile-first UX strategy.
We are looking for a HR generalist who can head up HR operations and deliver HRstrategy and policies in our London HQ. You should have at least 5 years of experience and the potential to grow with the company as we embark on an exciting period of expansion. You will have the support and line management responsibilities of a HR Assistant.
You will be deeply involved with recruiting, employee relations, on-boarding and training, and performance management. You will also be expected to attend industry/networking events where relevant and partner with Universities for Graduate Recruitment, Internships and Sandwich placements. You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones.
Location: Central London
Hours: 8.30 – 6.30pm Mon, 9 – 6.30pm Tues – Fri
You should be available to start ASAP
- You should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant HR role. Experience within the digital media industry is a plus.
- You will bring an in depth knowledge of best-in-class HR practice and systems. You should be fluent with contractual processes, onboarding and termination, training and general HR administration. You will be able to provide key analytical support to the business around people and HR process.
- Calm, resilient and flexible, you must be an outstanding communicator, both verbal and written, with excellent analytical and influential abilities.
- You will have multiple responsibilities to manage at any one time, so personal time management, prioritisation and diligence are key. Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize successfully.
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- You should demonstrate commercial awareness with proven ability to identify and drive HR strategy within an international environment, and have a passion for culture.
- Proficiency in Google Suite Apps, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge/experience of PeopleHR would be an advantage.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strategic Focus: Implement HR strategy within the organisation working alongside senior management.
- Recruitment: You will oversee the HR Assistant to ensure that we operate within the legislative framework for each jurisdiction and request and retain the necessary documentation.
- Employee relations: You must have a solid history of successful employee relations issue resolution with demonstrated ability to balance employee advocacy and the interests of the company
- Performance review process: You will be responsible for overseeing our performance review processes throughout the year, meeting with managers to discuss and increase employee engagement, coach managers on performance issues.
- Compensation: You will be responsible for compensation review processes and coordinate commission and bonus policies. You will provide accurate and timely information to Payroll (external).
- Training Management and Administration: You will ensure a coordinated, proactive and efficient approach to training that tracks employee feedback and company ROI.
- Contractual Paperwork: Work with Legal (external) to ensure that our contractual paperwork remains both compliant and satisfactory to candidates, raising issues with Director of Operations as required and working collaboratively to resolve those issues. Produce contractual paperwork and ensure its accuracy and timely return.
- Employee Surveys and Communications: You will coordinate key employee meetings (all-hands, town halls, company Q&A etc.)
- Onboarding and Termination Processes: Accomplish seamless onboarding and terminations processes for employees, including handling relocation and immigration matters, and conducting new hire orientations.
- Audit Process: Ensure that processes are compliant and maintained in line with audit requirements.
- HR Analytics: Capture & collate key HR performance data in order to record internal functional performance, manage the production of reporting and generation of specific reports, question, challenge and follow up on standout items within data / reports to understand issues and ensure information is presented with proper context.
- Administration: Oversee general administration tasks carried out by the HR Assistant such as; producing standard documents and letters when required; ensure electronic and paper based personnel files are maintained, accurate and compliant, and that filing is completed in a timely manner. Maintain HR spreadsheets such as training requests, alumni data and employers after leaving.
How to Apply:
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Make sure you include ‘HR Manager Application’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP. Please note: earlier applications will be given preference and we may appoint a successful candidate before the application deadline.