Email Marketing Executive
The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media/tech start-ups, attracting 4 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. We will soon be operating in over 100 countries around the world and we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing British businesses to watch in 2017. The Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe, is set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology. Expanding into the Chinese market forms part of our plans for 2017.
As the Email Marketing Executive you will oversee and coordinate communications with the organisations we feature in the thousands of articles we write every month and reach out to communities that are interested in Culture Trip video and article content. You will have a specific focus on data driven improvements to our email communications and will analyse performance of our email marketing efforts in order to increase brand awareness and traffic.
You will be joining an existing team to help expand and improve our capabilities in London and will report to the Marketing Director.
Location: Central London
- A successful email communications program is essential to increasing our brand awareness and driving traffic to our site. You will work closely with the business intelligence team to drive improvements in the effectiveness of our email outreach programs and work to increase the traffic benefits this will bring.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the growth and maintenance of email marketing database and putting it to use effectively.
- You will track and report on the performance of email campaigns and work towards improving campaign strategies by developing creative ideas and data-driven efficiencies.
- You will use data tools to understand, process and respond to audience trends in real time, working closely with both the social and editorial teams to encourage sharing behaviors from your outreach, designed to drive traffic to the website. You will originate and source creative ideas to increase this audience traffic driver.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You should have at least 2 years of experience in a relevant Comms/ Marketing role.
- You will have a relentless drive for continual improvement of our outreach processes through dynamic, data-led testing.
- Strong initiative and a bias towards action – you should be able to come up with bright ideas to improve our processes and implement them without delay.
- You will be data-minded and highly analytical and have an understanding of email marketing software.
- Proficiency in using SendGrid and Google Analytics preferred (but not essential).
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications. Make sure you include ‘Email Marketing Executive’ in the subject line of your email. We’re accepting applications until 6 January 2017.