Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Operating in 40 countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe and set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology. The company adopts a mobile-first UX strategy and a press announcement is planned for October.
We’re looking for an extremely sharp-eyed, diligent and dynamic individual to ensure our stories are perfect from an editorial standpoint. You will be in charge of editing articles to free them on typos, grammatical mistakes, factual errors and formatting issues, following Culture Trip’s standards and guaranteeing impeccable editorial quality across the board.
Location: Central London
- Proofread and edit all articles published on culturetrip.com as part of a team of in-house copy editors.
- Transform written content into scintillating, engaging and attention-grabbing stories.
- Work and liaise with writers around the world in the pre-publication stage to ensure articles adhere to Culture Trip’s in-house style and image guides.
- Work with content from across the following verticals: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, books, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship and health & wellness.
- Work under the supervision of the Senior Copy Editor, and with Editors and Hub Managers to ensure suitable and nuanced editing styles are followed for each vertical.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a copy editor/sub-editor or editorial assistant at an online publication, newspaper or magazine.
- Exceptionally strong copy editing skills with a knack for headline writing and an allergy to typos, grammatical mistakes and stylistic inconsistencies.
- Native-level English is a crucial prerequisite.
- Comprehensive knowledge of WordPress is essential.
- A degree or equivalent (ideally in the humanities or English) is essential.
- Strong understanding of what makes a great piece of content and how to engage readers with excellent copy.
- Excellent self-management, organizational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential.
- Excellent at working independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibillity.
- Strong understanding of the nuances of social media and search engine optimized content.
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising with writers across different time zones.
How to Apply
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role, as well as your notice period and current salary. You should also identify the two mistakes in this job ad as part of your application. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications. Make sure you include ‘Junior Copy Editor’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.