Content Licensing & Syndication Manager
The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Operating in 40 countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013). The Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe and set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology.
Culture Trip is looking for an experienced Content Licensing & Partnerships Manager to establish and lead all content licensing and syndication efforts of our bank of over 30,000 articles and videos. Joining at the start of the development of this revenue stream, the ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with a well-established content client network. The candidate will be experienced in licensing digital content, and should have particular expertise in the travel and lifestyle industry. The candidate will have a strong understanding of the content marketing community and be able to demonstrate proven success in content licensing and syndication. This role will be instrumental in implementing, securing and retaining Culture Trip content sales opportunities to a wide range of potential partners and will report to the VP of Sales, London.
Location: Central London
Hours: 9am – 6.30pm
Start Date: ASAP
- Proactively create, implement and develop a comprehensive and ongoing commercial licensing and syndication strategy for all Culture Trip’s assets, across all genres and in each territory.
- Develop and manage client relationships with the aim of building new business opportunities amongst airlines, magazines, websites and beyond.
- Maintain a strong focus and vision on being in-market, attending a high volume of sales calls, emails, client meetings, and relationship building activities
- Oversee management of the sales process end to end – from prospecting, to proposal and presentation, contract negotiations and close, as well as post-sales
- Where appropriate, build partnerships with organisations on a barter basis for the cross-promotion or exchange of content to maximise our brand and/or SEO.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate strong and proven experience of international licensing and syndication of article and video content, preferably across the travel and lifestyle industries
- Experience with digital content licensing deals is essential and experience with app publishers and tech companies would be an asset
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills and a proven track record in a commercial, budget driven environment
- Able to display a full understanding of the commercial value of IP and content lifecycles / value/opportunities
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to present with confidence at a senior level within and outside the business and ability to interact across multiple departments.
- Highly numerate, with a good grasp of budgeting and tracking financial performance throughout the year
- Ability to manage difficult clients and resolve issues successfully
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, current salary, and a brief cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for the role. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications and you must currently hold eligibility to work in the UK.
Make sure you include ‘Content Licensing and Syndication Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.