Community Content Assistant
Culture Trip is one of the Internet’s fastest-growing media start-ups, attracting nearly 3 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. Operating in dozens of countries around the world, we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the planet through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were named one of 25 UK Tech Companies to Watch (2013).
Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. With support from heavyweight backers in the US and Europe, the company is set for explosive growth and is going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology. The company adopts a mobile-first UX strategy.
We’re looking for a smart, organised, diligent and dynamic individual to manage our culture-loving volunteer contributors. You will be in charge of commissioning their articles, editing their submissions and ensuring their writing speaks in the voice of Culture Trip, whilst also expanding our community.
Location: Central London
Start Date: ASAP
- Manage remotely an existing pool of volunteer contributors.
- Commission articles with the help of the regional hub managers in the following genres: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, books, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship and health & wellness.
- Oversee the editorial output of the cities/countries you manage, paying careful attention to issues related to both quality and quantity of content.
- Ensure quality and tone of the content, adhering to Culture Trip’s in-house style and image guides, and edit where required.
- Help grow our ever-expanding network of passionate writers, working under the supervision of the Senior Regional Hub Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience as a community content assistant or content editor at an online publication, newspaper or magazine.
- Previous experience in remote working and managing.
- A keen eye for spotting and nurturing new talent.
- Fluency English is a crucial prerequisite.
- Comprehensive knowledge of WordPress is essential.
- A degree or equivalent (ideally in the humanities or English) is essential.
- Strong understanding of what makes a great piece of content and how to engage readers with excellent copy.
- Excellent self-management, organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential.
- Knowledge of unreported territories is desirable.
- Excellent at working independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- A natural instinct for developing SMO- and SEO-friendly content.
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising with writers across different time zones
How to Apply
Email us on email@example.com, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications. Make sure you include ‘Community Content Assistant’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 30 December 2016, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.