Social Media Manager (China) (WeChat & Weibo)
The Culture Trip is one of the internet’s fastest-growing media/tech start-ups, attracting 4 million monthly readers and 1 million social media followers. We will soon be operating in over 100 countries around the world and we have major offices in London, NYC and Tel Aviv.
We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers and photographers. We won UK Website of the Year Award for Arts & Culture (2014) and were recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing British businesses to watch in 2017. The Culture Trip has already attracted a strong base of writers and contributors, a top team of engineers in Tel Aviv and has two senior Google executives on its Board – Dr Nelson Mattos and Yariv Adan. The company is now backed by heavyweight backers in US and Europe, is set for explosive growth and going through a major recruitment drive for its editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is bold: we aim to create the world’s largest media company, powered by a global community and cutting-edge technology. Expanding into the Chinese market forms part of our plans for 2017.
We are looking for a bilingual (Chinese Mandarin and English), experienced, and ambitious social media professional to launch, manage and grow a network of accounts on Chinese social media platforms, including Weibo and Weixin (WeChat). You need to have a proven track record of success with these platforms, including organic growth and engagement. You will also have an incredibly strong voice, an eye for compelling native content, and an awareness of the kind of (Mandarin) content that performs well on the platforms. You will be responsible for managing our accounts on a strategic and operational level, crafting the content, driving exponential growth and building brand awareness. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should think outside the box about social media, bringing in experience of organic and paid content, as well as video.
We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of potential to leave a mark, and the opportunity to work on exciting content across our four departments – social, editorial, commercial and tech. You will be part of our China team, based in our London office.
Location: Central London
Starting date: ASAP
- Work with both English and Mandarin content from across the following genres: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, books, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship, health & wellness.
- Design and drive a global social media strategy for WeChat and Weibo, encompassing growth, engagement, voice, visuals and other media.
- Find and deliver compelling Mandarin content on the platforms (both original content and content from our site).
- Collaborate with the editorial teams to commission and promote the most relevant, compelling and exciting content for the platforms.
- Be the guardian of our engaged community on social media.
- Build up our voice and brand awareness through partnerships with brands, organizations and influencers.
- Build up the technology to make our content searchable on the WeChat platform.
Desired Skills and Experience::
- Exceptional knowledge of both Chinese social media platforms, and the Chinese media sphere more generally is absolutely essential.
- Native Mandarin skills and proficiency in English is desired.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in social media (essential) and marketing or editorial (beneficial).
- Outstanding editorial skills, with the ability to craft catchy and intelligent copy.
- Eye for compelling visuals and video.
- Genuine passion for social media communities and the opportunities offered by social media sharing and participation.
- Proven track record of success in growing likes and engagement on WeChat and Weibo.
- Aptitude for data collection and analysis on the apps; ability to make accurate data-based inferences and apply them in dynamic, test-driven runs.
- Excellent management and organisational skills are an absolute must.
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones.
- Academic excellence and a degree of intellectual gravitas.
- The right to work in England is essential.
How to Apply:
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d be a great candidate for this role. Please note we will not be considering incomplete applications. Make sure you include ‘Chinese Social Media Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
We’re accepting applications until 13 January 2017, and would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.