- Post ID: 11
- View Payload
About your trip
Soak up more than two millennia of history and tradition on this city break to Istanbul. You'll visit world-famous sights, including the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, before boarding a ferry across the Bosporus to explore the Asian side of the city. Fuelling the adventure are plenty of foodie-friendly activities: enjoy delicious borek in artsy Kuzguncuk, explore the fragrant Spice Market, and visit a traditional baklava shop for sweet treats and Turkish coffee. A stay in a contemporary five-star hotel caps a thrilling getaway. All of our trips are flightless in destination, with 100% of all carbon emissions offset. It's just part of how we see the world while being good to it.
- Marvel at the Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Square and Hagia Sophia
- Admire Topkapi Palace
- Browse stalls at the Grand Bazaar and Spice Market
- Cruise down the Bosporus on a ferry ride
- Explore the arty neighbourhoods of Kuzguncuk and Kadikoy
- Taste mouthwatering Turkish delicacies
Touch down at Istanbul Airport (IST) and make your way to the hotel. You’ll be greeted by our Local Insider, who will accompany the group throughout the trip. Meet your fellow travellers over a welcome drink in the evening, followed by a traditional Turkish dinner in the heart of the city.
Dive deep into the cultural hotspots of Istanbul today. First up, the Blue Mosque, one of the most important places of worship in the world. The 400-year-old building is named after the intricate blue iznik tiles that decorate the interior. Also stroll through Sultanahmet Square, the site of an ancient stadium that once held 100,000 spectators, and visit Hagia Sophia, one of the largest churches in the world. Next, Topkapi Palace, home to 25 Ottoman sultans across 500 years. Finish the day shopping at the Grand Bazaar, one of the largest and oldest markets in the world.
Start today at the fragrant 17th-century Spice Market, where stalls are piled high with aromatic saffron, paprika and more. Next, cruise along the Bosporus on a ferry, passing Dolmabahçe Palace and the Rumeli Fortress. Stop at the arty neighbourhood Kuzguncuk on the Asian side to sample Turkish delicacies including borek (pastry stuffed with mince or cheese). Continue to Kadikoy, home to a fish market, plus shops selling antiques and second-hand books. Rest your feet at a baklava shop and sample their sweets, washed down with a traditional Turkish coffee. Return to the European side on the ferry.
Explore the city on your own today. Alternatively, join an optional tour exploring Istiklal and Balat. You'll stop at the largest Greek Orthodox church in Istanbul and one of the first theatres in the Ottoman empire, as well as visit the lesser-known Unesco-listed neighbourhoods of Balat and Fener which showcase the rich multicultural history of Istanbul. Top it off with a ride on The Tunnel, one of the oldest subterranean railways in the world. After lunch, discover the Dolmabahçe Palace and the bohemian village of Ortaköy, dotted with cafes and open-air souvenir shops.
Tuck into one final breakfast at the hotel before saying farewell to your fellow travellers. Check out and make your way to Istanbul Airport (IST). Alternatively, continue your journey around Turkey – there’s so much more to see.
- Four nights premium hotel accommodation
- Private and local transport
- Four breakfasts, one dinner
- Local Insider
- City walking tour
- Blue Mosque and Sultanahmet Square (Hippodrome) visit
- Hagia Sophia visit
- Topkapi Palace visit
- Grand Bazaar visit
- Taste of two continents tour
- Spice market visit
- Bosphorus ferry ride
- Kuzguncuk and Kadikoy visit
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Flights to and from the destination
Radisson Blu Hotel Istanbul Pera
This stylish 5 star hotel offers incredible views over the Golden Horn from Istanbul's famous Pera district. With bohemian inspired decor, delicious dining options, a fitness centre and outstanding service from the attentive staff, this hotel is the perfect base from which to explore the city. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable - just what you need after a day of sightseeing.
The safety and wellbeing of all travellers is our top priority. To help us ensure this, please refer to this checklist:
- Please check the entry requirements for the destination you are travelling to. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- You must be aged 18 years or over to join this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country you're travelling to. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify our Customer Support team as soon as possible.
- To upgrade to a private room, or book pre- and post-trip accommodation and/or airport transfers, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Please be aware that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. While unlikely, these changes can happen due to circumstances beyond our control. We will always do our best to ensure minimal impact on your experience.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
If you cancel 56 days or more before your scheduled departure date, you will receive a 100% refund. Otherwise, the total cost of your trip is:
- 100% payable if you cancel 29 days or less before your departure date.
- 50% payable if you cancel between 30 - 55 days before your departure date.
Please note you can only book this trip in advance up to 14 days before the departure date. After this time the trip may be booked on request.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.