Overview6 hoursMobile & paper tickets accepted
On this tour, you will be visiting the Takashima area on the northwest side of Lake Biwa that offers exceptionally charming views of both the lake and mountains. In this rare and exclusive experience, you will also stand along side the farmer's wife and assist as she prepares a simple and amazing multi-course lunch. During lulls in the preparation, step outside to enjoy the most commanding views of the picturesque rice terraces, taking your leisure to stroll among them. Those with an interest in photography will particularly enjoy the vantage points this access provides.
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- English speaking local tour conductor
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Lake Biwa
- Entry/Admission - Shirahige Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Hata Rice Terraces
- Entry/Admission - Jr Omi Takashima Station Tourist Office
- JR Kyoto Station Pickup charge
- Round trip train ticket between JR Kyoto and JR Omi-Takashima stations
- Entry/Admission - Kyoto Station
What to expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyoto Station, Higashishiokoji Kamadonocho, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, 600-8216, Japan
JR Omi-Takashima Station (KOSEI LINE) is the starting point of the tour. Meet our tour conductor in front of the ticket gate (the only one gate at the station) at 10:00 am.
We can also pick you up at JR Kyoto Station in front of the 7-11 convenience store next to the West Ticket Gate (2nd floor) at 8:45 am (Weekdays) or 9:00 am (Weekends and Japanese
Where To Go
1: Omi-Takashima Station, Katsuno, Takashima, Shiga 520-1121, Japan
2: Kyoto Station, Higashishiokoji Kamadonocho, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, 600-8216, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
JR Omi-Takashima Station (KOSEI LINE) is the starting point of the tour.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for child aged 9 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- In case of bad weather / from December to March, we may walk or take a taxi to Shirahige Shrine instead of bicycling
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.