Overview3 hoursMobile & paper tickets accepted
Initia Japanese Cooking Class is a great way to learn how to make traditional Japanese dishes in English. We are teaching Japanese cooking at our home in Kyoto, near Kyoto station. We focus on what local Japanese people really cook and eat, including our family! Our another goal is to share local experience with you by talking, by inviting you to a local's home. Our home isn't fancy but ordinary home. Instead, you can feel how Japanese house is.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Free tea / water
- Kitchen utensils
- Alcoholic Beverages - This will be extra fee
- Soda/Pop - This will be extra fee
What to expect
We will cook home-meal at home together, and have the meal together.
We can give you the recipe by email after the class, so you can cook the meal again for your family and friends back home.
Besides the cooking techniques and knowledge, we will talk about Japanese culture, our recommended restaurants, where to visit in our city, and so on. Of course you can ask us anything. Although we call it cooking class, it's more like cooking with friends, so don't feel pressured. You will have a good meal
Where To Go
Initia Japanese Cooking Class, 35-2, Aketa-cho, Higashi Kujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 東九条明田町 南区 京都市 Kyoto 601-8044, Japan
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers