25. Baraza Resort & Spa, Bwejuu, Tanzania
This family-owned beachside paradise is opulent, with brass furnishings and antiques dotted around, yet environmentally aware with solar power and on-site recycling. It is located along one of the top beaches in the world.
24. Eden Rock, St Barths, St Jean, St Barthélemy
This is the luxury resort’s original paragon of luxury. It offers all the glamourous-people watching, beach-lounger sipping drama you could desire, with a background of Caribbean scenery and beaches.
23. The Tuscany, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
A classic Caribbean resort, except more luxurious. You’ll be spoiled rotten by attentive staff as you wander the lush gardens and relax in the spa.
22. Quinta Jardins do Lago, Funchal, Portugal
This elegant hotel is set in a botanical garden. Built in the 18th century and surrounded by green hills, it’s the ideal place for a Mediterranean retreat.
21. Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection, Budapest, Hungary
Situated right in the centre of buzzing Budapest, this hotel combines old-school Hungarian glamour with sleek modern luxury.
20. The Oberoi, Mauritius, Pointe Aux Piments, Mauritius
When you think of idyllic island break, this is the hotel you’re thinking of (even if you don’t know it). You stay in a palm-thatched villa with views of the Indian Ocean, and it has 20 acres of stunning tropical gardens to explore. Dreamy.
19. Hotel Estalagem St Hubertus, Gramado, Brazil
A lake hotel with impressive views of the water, plenty of activities, including hiking, are offered. There’s also a pool with a waterfall and ‘tree restaurants’ overlooking that gorgeous lake.
18. The Milestone Hotel and Residences, London, United Kingdom
A classic London townhouse hotel, this residence is in the heart of Kensington and is in close proximity to the capital’s famous shops, parks and palaces, while exuding old-school British glamour.
17. The Killarney Park Hotel, Killarney, Ireland
For a cosy Irish getaway, this is the hotel you want. Open log fires, classically elegant rooms and warmly attentive staff will make you want to never leave.
16. Belmond Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco, Peru
The walls of this hotel are made of Inca stone, which gives you some indication of the historical pedigree which surrounds it. Each suite has its own private butler and the spa uses local ingredients such as pink Andean slat, purple corn and avocado.
15. Baros Maldives, Baros Island, Maldives
One of the Indian Ocean’s first luxury dive resorts, this is still the ideal place from which to explore the crystal-clear waters or to explore married life if you’re honeymooning here. It looks almost like a fairy tale, with thatched houses situated right on top of the turquoise ocean.
14. Hotel 41, London, United Kingdom
Nestled just behind Buckingham Palace, you’ll feel like royalty if you stay here. You even get complimentary snacks, cake and ice cream whenever you want.
13. The Leela Palace Udaipur, Udaipur, India
Landscaped grounds, lake views and flawless views of a starlit sky. Perfection.
12. Kayakapi Premium Caves, Cappadocia, Urgup, Turkey
Set in restored historical caves, your rooms here will be equipped with fireplaces and private terraces. The food is traditionally Turkish and is second to none. You won’t want to leave, let’s face it.
11. Shinta Mani Shack, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Far from being a shack, this is a beautifully designed hotel with an outdoor saltwater pool and tropical gardens.
10. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel Trendy, Hanoi, Vietnam
Trendy is indeed the word. A boutique hotel, it has panoramic views of Hanoi’s Old Quarter and a buzzy atmosphere.
9. Nayara Springs, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
An adults-only boutique hotel surrounded by tropical rainforest, this is the hotel you want when you just have to escape from modern life.
8. La Reserve Paris Hotel and Spa, Paris, France
When you need to go to Paris, you NEED to go to Paris. And this is the place you’re staying in your imagination. Yes, the suites cost four figures, but the whole hotel is so airy and grand that even Napoleon would have been a fan.
7. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort, Nantucket, Massachusetts
Family-friendly with a large helping of old-world Nantucket charm, this hotel has everything you need right on the threshold of you room. From bicycle rentals to explore the area, to hand-painted family portraits, to yoga – if you need something to help you relax, they can provide it.
6. Hotel Belvedere, Riccione, Italy
The white stone walls and outdoor pools of this hotel will give you the Italian vacation of your dreams.
5. Gili Lankanfushi, Lankanfushi, Maldives
The only thing you’ll need to worry about here is whether or not dolphins will show up when you go diving. And where you left your shoes – because you’re so relaxed you’d forgotten that you even slipped them off.
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa, Hanoi, Vietnam
This family-friendly hotel in the historical district of Hanoi will give you a great holiday.
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, Jodhpur, India
This is hotel is one of the largest private residences in the world and is set amongst 26 acres of garden. It has a classy Art Deco vibe and the suites were designed for literal royalty.
2. Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
With a private beach and plenty of jungle to explore at this gorgeous resort, you’ll have the time of your life.
1. Viroth’s Hotel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Situated in the private vertical gardens of Siem Reap, with outdoor pools aplenty and an open-air restaurant, you’ll think you’re in paradise.