Abuko has amazingly diverse vegetation for a park of only 105 hectares, party because the stream runs through the centre allowing both river side and savanna species to flourish. This is a birder's paradise with over 250 species of birds. Walking through the reserve animals you may see include monkeys, antelopes, monitor lizard along with the convention project where there are hyenas and Baboons.
Fifty of the most common tree species are labelled and can easily be seen on the various trails which lead through the reserve.
Once arrived at the Nature Reserve we walk through the Gallery forest to the Education Center or Darwin Field Station.
We continue to the fresh water pool for the crocodiles and observe the monkeys birds or we might possibly see some crocodiles.
Last stop a visit to the orphanage where they keep confiscated or orphan animals like baboons, monkeys, turtles etc.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
What To Expect
pickup from various hotels to Abuko Nature Reserve which is not a Zoo or a game reserve it is an area of 180 acres: 20 minutes
entrance at the nature trail to education center. At the education center or Darwin field station we spend: 50 minutes
From the education center walk to the orphanage.: 60 minutes
visit of different animals like monkeys, hyenas, monitor lizards, crocodiles, snakes, and also birds: 60 minutes
Spend time visiting the animal orphanage where confiscated or orphan animals like
Where To Go
hotel pickup point
HOTEL PICK UP POINT
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
More Experiences In Banjul
See It All – Safari Tour
From $80.00 · 480 minutes
MAKASUTU - cultural forrest, Brikama
From $49.00 · 300 minutes
Private Makasutu Culture Forest Tour,
From $147.12 · 360 minutes
Private Half Day Banujl City Tour
From $105.71 · 270 minutes
Private Janjangbureh Overnight Tour
From $361.80 · 2880 days
4 Days Senegambia Supremo
From $1,538.72 · 5760 days